Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Pause in Recaps

As much as I hate to keep adding in little recaps of the wedding this weekend I must! The main reason being is that I do not want to start the ceremony recap until I have the professional photos for all to enjoy and second because its THANKSGIVING! This will be the 3rd full Thanksgiving dinner I will be cooking for Rene and myself. And while it is never fun to be away from family for the holidays I would like to think that I do a pretty good job of the Thanksgiving "feast" with the little apartment kitchen.

The past 2 years we have done very traditional menus, classic turkey, my grandma's stuffing, green beans, mashed potatoes from scratch, biscuts--you know the basics.

This year however I have decided to spice things up a bit. With of course the help of Food Network.
This year's menu includes:

Appetizer: Antipasto Sausage Skewers

Appetizer: Cheesy-onion tarts

Main Dish: Classic Turkey

Side Dish: Grandma's stuffing (a staple when I cook Thanksgiving!)

Side Dish: Cranberry, Cherry and Walnut Marmalade

Side Dish: Baked Sweet Potatoes with pecan and marshmallow streusel

Side Dish: Multicolored Cauliflower

Desert: Carmel Apple pie

Alot of food I know but YUM! I have alot of work to get started on tonight for sure and a full day of cooking tomorrow! Such a great way to break in the new dishes and wedding gifts!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment