Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, June 28, 2010

Half Way Done!

With 2010 already! I really can not believe that this is the last half week in June! I figure that it's time to check back on my list of To Do's and see how I'm going as the second half of the year closes in...

My 2010 "To Do's"


  • Most Important-Get my name Officially and Legally Changed to "Blanco" -- Done! And finally about 2 weeks ago got the last thing done-changing my title to my car!
  • Start My MBA--Spring 2010 and Summer 2010 semesters done!
  • Finish our wedding scrapbook before our 1 year anniversary-I've already started thanks for my amazing Cricut (more posts to follow on that to come)--whoops I haven't made it past the bachelor and bachelorette parties yet....I'm about half way done thought
  • Finish at least 12 leisure books this year--this should be easy thanks to my wedding gift of my Amazon Kindle from Rene!!-- half way there! I finished my 6th book last night! (1. Girl on Top, 2. The Gospel According to CoCo Chanel, 3. The Carrie Diaries, 4. Heart of the Matter, 5. The Short Second Life of Bree Turner 6. Snookie Stackhouse Novel 1: Dead Until Dark)--1/2 Done!
  • Plan an amazing trip for the Mr and I for our 1 year anniversary-- We keep throwing around ideas but we just need more time!
  • Get home to Pennsylvania at least once over the next year -- trying to get back to the Northeast in October...we are yet to see for sure
  • Stop stressing over $$- with Rene and I paying 100% in "cash" for the wedding ourselves over the past year we can finally relax a bit when it comes to money-- I think we are for sure working on this! Hopefully we can look at houses in the fall!
  • Get back to the gym! --The 2 month "honeymoon" is over time to get back to the regular routine-- I am almost back to "regular routine" but traveling for work and the promotion has hindered that a bit :(
  • Really try to drink 8 glasses of water a day--I am at about 6 a day right now...so making good progress!
  • Stop dwelling on things that have happened in 2009 that didn't go my way - there is nothing I can do about it now but move on.
  • Get out and see more of Dallas -- we have been here now 1.5 years and there is so much we haven't seen yet-- I've gotta say we haven't been able to do much of this...maybe in the 2nd half of the year!
I am making some good progress though on "the list" now lets see what the next 6 months hold!

1 comment: