Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Where has the year gone?

We've already gone through the first week of August?! Where has the year gone? I feel like just a few weeks ago I was typing up a posting about the progress on my new years resolutions and now we are getting ready to finish up the last month of summer?



I think that is so funny thinking back about being in school when I was little and counting down the last 100 days of school waiting for summer break and wishing that things would go faster, and now each year I wish that time would somewhat slow down. Yet the days just keep rolling by quicker and quicker each year.

I love the Dallas heat but this summer has been super HOT! I can't remember the last time that we had a day where the temperature was not triple digits and I know that Stitch will be looking forward to the cooler days of autumn as well.


But August is a great month in Dallas of course, why?? Because with it comes Dallas Restaurant Week of course! This year Rene and I will be trying out 2 new places. Chamberlin's (in Dallas) and Ferre (in Fort Worth). It will be nice to have 2 little date nights before Rene goes into busy season again and starts traveling every week again and before I start into the fall semester and my weekends are consumed by classes and homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment