Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

365 Days -- WOW that went fast!

Today we get to celebrate our "one year anniversary"! It is completely astonishing that it has been 365 days since we were married in front of family and friends in the middle of the Caribbean.

Nonetheless, the past year has been perfect in my eyes. Everyone told us that the first year of marriage would be the hardest, but I think that we had that living in Williamsburg because this past year was a piece of cake!

In the last year I have realized that Rene will always be there to cheer me up, let me complain, and give me a shoulder to cry on. He will never stop splashing water all over the counter in the bathroom when he washes his face…he will seldom remember to close the cupboards after taking a bowl out but at least he'll help put the dishes away, as long as I close the cupboards after.

He will always dress up with me for Halloween, and while he doesn't quite understand it will indulge me when I look at shoes and handbags far too expensive to buy.

He is the best travel companion and will make last minute trips with me just because the flights are on sale. He encourages me to do everything that I want to even when I doubt myself.

We can have fun on a random night out with friends or cuddled up on the couch with pizza and beer. He is just as happy to sit on a Saturday and watch cartoons while drinking coffee as I am. But the most important is that he's mine and I could not be happier!

I was worried that "marriage" was going to be hard or scary to get into…but it has been the opposite. The past year has flown by and I look forward to the many more to come. Happy Anniversary to the love of my life!


Our First Year at a Glance....


3 comments:

  1. aw, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! 1 year down... many many many to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! We are looking forward to lots more!! <3

    ReplyDelete