Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Friday, September 30, 2011

Book Club Friday



I haven't posted since earlier this week but that's because I've been swamped with work and school but I have managed to start a new book (even if it was only 5 pages before I fell asleep last night).

I decided that since I could tell people now that I was 2/3 of the way done with my MBA, that saying so while reading "Pretty little liars" or "Sookie Stackhouse" books maybe wasn't the best way to represent myself LOL....so as much as I love my CW TV show books and my other vampire novels :)

I decided it was time to read a more grown up book...at least one. So I downloaded Freakonimics for my Kindle.

The book is based on four fundamental ideas:

  • 1) Incentives are the cornerstone of modern life.
  • 2) Conventional wisdom is often wrong.
  • 3) Dramatic effects often have distant, even subtle, causes.
  • 4) “Experts” use their informational advantage to serve their own interests.
I'm only like 5 pages into the book but with chapters like,

Chapter 1: What Do Schoolteachers and Sumo Wrestlers Have in Common?

Chapter 2: How is the Ku Klux Klan like a Group of Real-Estate Agents?

Chapter 3: Why Do Drug Dealers Still Live with Their Moms? and many others it's sure to be an interesting, and intellectual book....

I'll be sure to provide my full review when I finish it-What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment