Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, January 2, 2012

Detox Day 1 Part II

Finishing out the first day of my detox I sipped on a second (different) detox tea* mix of  60 Oz distilled water 1 TBS sugar free cranberry juice (not from concentrate)2 dandelion tea bag and 2 TBS lemon juice throughout the day.
 *it tastes like watered down ice tea

More or less it serves as a diuretic that helps detox the body and flush toxins out.  I plan to mix this each day and sip throughout the day.

 Lunch consisted of 2 stalks of celery and a handful of baby carrots and 2 Tablespoons of hummus.  I snacked on a small handful of nuts and raisins and then finished out the day with some steamed broccoli, left over sauerkraut and some banana soft serve from the YoNana.  My soft serve was actually the most satisfying thing I had today and it's only 1.5 bananas!

And of course no day is complete without a trip the the gym and quick 15 minutes worth of yoga to round out the day. 
All in all not a very exciting day of meals, but I know in the end it's worth it to be healthy--plus I for sure got in my full daily suggested servings of fruits and veggies!





No comments:

Post a Comment