Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wedding Traditions



Well to say the very least Rene and I defiantly did not go with the traditional wedding. But are looking forward to the 4 days “event” with family and friends.

Of course there are the little traditions which every bride needs though right? And I have all the bases covered. As the little bridal poem goes “Something Old (check!), Something New (check!), Something Barrowed (check!), Something Blue (check!)” but what most people forget is the last part “A six pence in her shoe!”. Hm…..

Now I must admit I did not remember this part of the poem, but I did know that it was good luck for the bride to have a penny in her shoe – or rather I remembered hearing that.

Thus the “six-pence” has become a “penny” and in our case I have decided that what would be better than a Disney Penny? You know, the kind that you pay 50 cents for and the penny gets squished with a logo on it?






That is how I plan to put our little 'Disney Spin' on the six-pence in her shoe tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment