Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Makeovers...

For your left overs of course! I don't know why but it is always the cranberry sauce that is left over in our apartment after Thanksgiving.

Its the Monday after and we still have a container full! Mainly because Rene does not like it that much but I can't have my turkey meal without it..so that lead me to a super easy makeover for the side dish!

Cranberry Muffins! I figured why not make a basic muffin and rather than blueberries why not make it with cranberry sauce?!
Megan's Made-Over Cranberry Muffins
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup leftover cranberry relish
Mix the dry ingrediants, add the eggs and mix. The fold in the butter, continue to mix until a uniform consistency. Last add the cranberry sauce and mix.
Put into lined muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Once done remove and while still hot sprinkle with sugar. Makes about 12-16 muffins depending on size.

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up!!!! Did I raise a mini Martha Stewart or what?? Keep up the blogging I check it all the time, and Send me a muffin......

    ReplyDelete