Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, November 2, 2009

Wedding Day Make Up

I figured while sitting here being non-productive at work what a better time than to post about my "day of makeup".

Let me first say that my make up is pretty fail proof, and I did not want to cake on a ton of foundation and heavy make up and be on the deck of a cruise for our ceremony and hate the fact that I looked all "done up" and not myself.

So off to Sephora I went looking a couple of months before the wedding to find my perfect face!

I sat down with one of the make up artists and explained what I wanted.



1. Minimal products to take on the ship


2. Something that can be casual and also dressed up


3. Easy!



It takes me about 10-15 minutes total now to do my make up! Its great! The only thing that I change up are my eyes to either do a simple sheer pink (casual) or add some brown shimmery colors and a smokey eye to make it a little more dramatic!

Here is what I will be using for the wedding day and really what I have been using on a daily basis because it's just that easy!

All photos from the Sephora Website

1. NARS primer with SPF 20 to help everything stay on and also prevent sun damage of course! Applied all over face and eye lids.






2. Follow this up with NARS Firming Foundation in Syracuse. I apply it to my hand and then warm it up and apply it with my finger tips, super easy to apply and a little goes a long way!





3. This has become my favorite "go to item". Its called The Multiple in Orgasm. It works on cheeks, eyes, and lips everywhere to add a little pink shimmer. I use it on my cheeks and eyes. When looking for a casual look this is all I use on my eyes.



4. Highlighting and Bronzing Duo in Orgasm and Laguna. I apply the pink to my cheeks and the bronzer all over to help set the make up.




5. Apply eyeshadow. I mix it up a little here and use everything from the Ulta Brands, and Cover Girl. I choose a shimmery brown in 2 colors and apply one to the entire eyelid and then sweep the darker shade in the crease (sorry no photos because I use lots of stuff)



6. Make Up Forever Aqua Eyes stay put eye liner. Its waterproof and stays on your eyes all day! I apply it to the top lid and smudge it a bit for a smokey effect.





7. Dior , Dior Show Mascara in Black. I use the waterproof version most days, it comes off easy but doesn't leave little flakes that other mascara may leave.



8. MAKE UP FOREVER HD Microfinish Powder-- I love this, it adds a little sheen and also set the make up very well. I just brush lightly all over my face even my eyelids to set everything.


I promise it's quick and easy, and this is all that I use. Add a sheer lip for casual or a colored lip to add a little something else. But that's it in a nut shell!



No comments:

Post a Comment