Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Career Updates for the Blancos



“Your Career Plans Look Bright” At least that’s what my Panda Express fortune cookie told me in May.

Now I am not one to “buy in” to the whole horoscope and fortune teller idea but occasionally (rather once a month) I do look at my horoscope. The only reason though is that I get a little insert in my credit card bill and I find it amusing to see how things pan out accordingly.

Well to add to my fortune cookie my May horoscope added that I could find enhanced satisfaction in my daily activities in the month and also that a sense of financial promise could color the 6th to 11th and that I could capitalize on that and my strengths later in the month in terms of my career.

That led to the fact that I received a promotion at the end of the month. It’s nothing huge no 6 digit salary increase or anything like that but I will be heading up the inpatient side or our company in a middle management role. I was glad to see that at least someone here thinks that I know what I am doing!! I have had my ups and downs with the current Director since he arrived about 8 months ago but I think that I have proven him wrong in many accounts and that in itself if victory enough! Hopefully adding a year or two in management and the finishing my MBA and hopefully pursuing a PHR certification (when I can actually find the time!!) will benefit in the long run.

So I guess that I must give in to the idea of horoscopes, fortunes and the zodiac at least for the next month or so… I mean it did somewhat say that I was looking at good things career wise right?

What does June have in store for me? Well my horoscope did say that a change in salary was inevitable and that more responsibility brings greater salary in the end (and I did get a little bump in my salary and comp package this week) so maybe it’s not completely wrong…I guess I’ll just have to wait and see!


This past week also brought around the day that Rene has been waiting for…he got to take the last and final portion of the CPA exam! Which means no more studying for him for the time being! Now we just wait for the results and he gets to start the licensing process to be “official”. He also has finally gotten some recognition from Deloitte and he received 2 different awards of sorts for his performance over the past year. I couldn’t be happier that his hard work is paying off finally.

The end of May turned out to be very eventful for the Blanco house in our careers to say that least and it was great news to head into the Summer and really a great start to our 3rd year in Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment