Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Never Ending Story

I am starting to think that I will never get my car officially registered in Texas! I started this very long drawn out process in January once I finally changed my name to Blanco. First we had to go through Ford Credit to put my name on the loan for my car so that I had a financial stake and could actually purchase Texas car insurance. Then we had to issue a power of attorney and Mom and I both had to sign papers get them notarized and sent back to Ford to request my title be sent to Texas.

Well low and behold about 2 months later (think March-ish) before we come to find that Texas has “apparently lost” the paperwork….start over again from scratch!

All the papers sent again and sent to the title department in Pennsylvania. Then yesterday I get the call finally that the Pennsylvania title has arrived at Ford Credit and would be going out to the Texas County Tax Office in Dallas and I would get a call on Wednesday about the next steps.

I waited, no call on Wednesday, I gave them until noon today before I called to make sure it arrived. I get a message that the office is closed until further notice…what now?!? I call another tax office number and try to find out where the mail is going or if there is another number to call…I call 6 different numbers and all are either “disconnected” or “no longer in service” REALLY!!??

I check the web, “no page to be found” YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Finally I get desperate and I find a Juvinile detention county office that has the same addresses as one of the county tax offices – I call them. They try to give me the same numbers I have already called and I explain they are disconnected….

This is where things just sound like they are out of some really bad movie about how a girl’s luck just keeps getting worse.

Apparently late Monday night this week a large water main broke in Downtown Dallas right under the Records Office and Tax Office that my paperwork was to be sent. The entire system and network is down (no phone, computers, printers, emails, ect) and the entire county tax office as a whole is at a “stand still”.

No one can tell me if the mail/package was received and no one can get me in touch with anyone who may know….

So what now? Well I did all I could and called Ford to get a tracking number and apparently a person in the mailroom signed for the package today at 1:40pm….but since they have no operating systems as of current they can’t even process the title if they did get it and can’t call me to figure out the next steps.

So now I continue to sit and wait and hope that by the end of this week or early next that the Downtown office is not still flooded and someone lets me know what to do…otherwise I swear I am moving to another county just to register my car!

Nonetheless at least tomorrow is Friday right?

No comments:

Post a Comment