Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Updated Master Bedroom

We finally got around to buying new bedding for our room! We had been saying that was the first on the "update list" once we got married but somehow the money went to the living room, dining room, and guest room. So a couple of weekends ago we start looking all over for something new.
I have been a bit picky when it comes to bedding, I just never seem to have the bedding that just makes you want to jump into bed all day and comfortable looking. I loved the pattern of our last bedding but must admit that the comforter was not nice to sleep with so it ended up rolled up at the foot of the bed each night. And I just could not bring myself to spend $300-$400 on bedding when I know that eventually we may get a larger bed once we move into a house and again need to buy even more bedding...
So after lots of looking, I finally was able to find something I liked! At Target nonetheless! And we only spent about $200!
(Not the greatest photo, I know)
It's clear that Stitch and Nala both appreciate the new bedding too!


We went with a duvet cover and got a down comforter so its warm but not overly warm in the summer and cozy in the winter. We used the dark brown from our current window treatments for the accents of the bed skirt and throw pillow and went with a dark red sheet and throws. I love our new bed now, its super comfy!

Now all that is left is to finally order our wedding photos on canvas so that we can hang them on the wall, and buy some new lamps, or lamp shades and officially "finish" the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment