Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, September 27, 2010

The Good and Bad

As I woke up this morning to 54 degree weather I have realized that the fall weather has officially arrived to Dallas, Texas.

With that, comes both the good and the bad I have decided. The good is that the weather is comfortable enough to walk the dog even at noon without worrying that he is going to overheat, and without me being a sweaty mess. Also the fact that in the morning before I head to work at my hair does not fall completely flat as soon as I walk out the door. Not to mention I am not sweating to death in pants for work, or every time I get into the car.

The fall clothes this year are super cute, and I love that dark purples, rose, olive green, browns and gray colors are "in" this year. And of course I bought the cutest pair of grown riding boots this year which pair great with jeans--just waiting around to be able to wear them!

The apartment is filled with the smell of my pumpkin pie candle and its cool enough to sit on the patio with my Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte and do homework!

However, there is the bad. First and foremost the ragweed is awful this time of year and I feel like I am sneezing non-stop nose running, and watery eyes…

The morning is a bit too chilly for me even with a sweater but I'll have to deal. The leaves don't always change colors here though which is a bit sad. This also means no more time to try to lay out and I start to rely on self tanners and bronzers to make me not look like a complete zombie.

And of course that means that winter really is just right around the corner which I do not like. Hopefully we won't have feet of snow this year….

Nonetheless, the good outweigh the bad for now in terms of fall's arrival, so pull on your sweaters and tweed pants (which are also a must have item this year), and welcome fall and all that it brings!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment