Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

It's coming to an end...

Where has December gone? Christmas is over and we are heading full speed ahead to 2011 and I am at a loss as to where the year has gone. Nonetheless the Blanco's had a very relaxing Christmas and spent the majority of our day in our PJs hanging out watching Scrubs and an array of Christmas movies.

Now it's back to real life and work in the dreary rainy weather that has come to Dallas. As I sit in my office on the 9th floor and look out the window its completely black and I can't even see the Galleria Mall which sits across the tollway. Not exactly the best way to start out a Tuesday.

While I always love for work weeks to fly by (which this week should since its only a 3 day week then we are off to Memphis) it is bittersweet because the faster this week flies by the sooner 2011 arrives which means its time to reflect on the year and plan for the next.

I feel like I was able to accomplish a lot from my
list from 2010! I read 16 books aside from textbooks, started and now 1 year through my MBA, planned a trip for our anniversary as well as a second trip in May, "officially" became Mrs. Blanco, I've gotten a little more calm when it comes to money, I've gotten back to the gym but the holidays did put a bit of a speed bump in that....2009 "issues" are so far in the past that they don't bother me at all, and I'm up to 6-7 bottles of water a day! Not too shabby! Though I will admit that the scrapbook from the wedding is still unfinished.
In looking at 2010 we had some unexpected things that happened to us as well! Rene finished the CPA exam and got a promotion as did I and it really feels like Dallas is starting to be our "home" at least for the time being :)
Here's looking forward to what comes in 2011--now if only I could catch up and prepare myself for the new year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment