Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions? They Just Aren't My Thing

Now don't get me wrong I am not opposed to resolutions, they just never seemed to be my "cup of tea". I guess it's the fact that I just don't think that the things I am working toward just fit in with the definition of resolution.

Per Merriam-Webster
res·o·lu·tion \ˌre-zə-ˈlü-shən\
Function: noun
1 : the act or process of resolving: as a : the act of analyzing a complex notion into simpler ones b : the act of answering : solving c : the act of determining

I however am very much all for "To Do" Lists of my Goals for the year.

While I am not perfect by any means, I have goals to improve myself rather than just looking for a way to solve a "problem". So what falls on "the list" this year?




I must be honest I didn't think much about it until my BlackBerry reminded me of it today by blinking a reminder Due Date:January 4th, 2010 - start an MBA program or start working on a second degree. Done and done! I start classes in 2 weeks at Texas A&M University-Commerce working on my Executive MBA (it's been two and a half years since I have had to take classes so I am excited and anxious at the same time!).

This made me start looking through the rest of my list of things to accomplish by the end of 2010. So what does my year entail? *The last few are new that came about because I started thinking about it today*

My 2010 "To Do's"


  • Most Important-Get my name Officially and Legally Changed to "Blanco"
  • Start My MBA
  • Finish our wedding scrapbook before our 1 year anniversary-I've already started thanks for my amazing Cricut (more posts to follow on that to come)
  • Finish at least 12 leisure books this year--this should be easy thanks to my wedding gift of my Amazon Kindle from Rene!!
  • Plan an amazing trip for the Mr and I for our 1 year anniversary
  • Get home to Pennsylvania at least once over the next year
  • Stay in better touch with friends and family - and when I say communicating more than just email and Facebook
  • Stop stressing over $$- with Rene and I paying 100% in "cash" for the wedding ourselves over the past year we can finally relax a bit when it comes to money
  • Get back to the gym! --The 2 month "honeymoon" is over time to get back to the regular routine
  • Really try to drink 8 glasses of water a day
  • Stop dwelling on things that have happened in 2009 that didn't go my way - there is nothing I can do about it now but move on.
  • Get out and see more of Dallas -- we have been here now 1.5 years and there is so much we haven't seen yet

So while I may not do resolutions I have quite a list of To Dos for this year. Do you make resolutions? If so, did you make yours for the year already?

No comments:

Post a Comment