Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Dreaded COLD!


Well it has finally happened, I think that the all the germs in my office and those people that come to work when they sound like they are coughing up their right lung have caught up with me and officially invaded my body and I spent this weekend with a semi-sore throat a little bit of a cough and stuffy nose.


Not the best way to spend my birthday weekend waking up feeling like "blah". But what's even worse is that I can't take anything for it.


So a quick trip to Target to stock up on some Zicam nastiness in hopes of cutting the time to recovery in half since I leave for our national meeting this Wednesday-Sunday in Arizona. I tried to take some cold meds but unfortunately I can add acetaminophen to the list of medications that cause my hives (yep my chest and arm was covered once the medicine kicked in) so I am stuck between a rock and a hard place, I either take medicine and feel better but I am covered in hives, or I take nothing and feel like crap but at least don't look like a freak.


Needless to say that since I'm at work today no medicine was taken to avoid the awful rash and I'm pushing through the day and looking forward to a quick trip to the gym and then sleep in hopes of getting rid of this cold.


Anyone have any homeopathic remedies that have worked for them? I am taking any and all suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment