Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Working for the weekend

Well no weekend for this lady this week. Instead I will be heading out of town this evening for Arizona for my company's national meeting. We will be there through Sunday for meetings, breakout sessions, and trainings (fun packed right?).

While I am always ready to learn and get to smooze with the big-wigs of the company I wish it didn't take up my weekend. Especially when I have to be away from the hubby and puppy.

Though the resort looks pretty spiffy JW Marriott Desert Ridge

The downside though that I have noticed with the "higher priced" Marriotts is that they require a gym fee of $10-$15 per day for resort guests. The worst part of traveling (ask Rene) is trying to keep up a workout routine, and after the past 2 days of being stuffed up I haven't made it to the gym so the rest of the week I need to get my heart rate up, and I'm sure that being locked up in conference rooms all day I will need the release so a $15 well spent!

Add to that yesterday was the start of the Spring semester for Grad School so it's going to be a bit of a balancing act between this week in Arizona but I'm sure I'll get through it.

For those of you that have one, have a great *weekend*--and think of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment