Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Good Germ to Have!

First off, the fiddleheads last night were pretty tasty. Nothing amazing but nothing too nasty either. It was a crunchy mix between a green bean and a piece of asparagus. Will we try again? Possibly, but I won't be heartbroken when they aren't in season. It was a nice little change though from the typical veggies.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty accomplished after my little jog and work out I decided to take Stitch on a 20 minute walk in the sunshine before hopping into the shower. After which I was starving! So I pulled out some Greek Gods Yogurt (Honey my #1 fave!) and blueberries to throw together for a quick lunch....


Then decided to throw in some Chia seeds for extra protein and a little crunch (1 tablespoon has around 2g of protein) then while going through the pantry remembered we had some wheat germ that I was planning to use in pancakes a few weekends ago and completely forgot.

I must admit I've never eaten wheat germ in anything but mixed into a batter to make it feel "healthier" so I wasn't sure what to expect. But it made my little yogurt bowl delightful! The toasted wheat germ gave a hint of an almost coconut flavor. I actually went back and added more after my first bite! YUM!
Not only did I get an extra boost of folic acid I also got even more protein and fiber as well. My lunch gave me almost the same protein I would have gotten with a piece of chicken!

Moral of the story? You can believe me that the wheat germ will be making it's way into a lot more of my meals!

Oh and by the way I got myself a new little kitchen toy yesterday too! Since my original fave blender that had a blend in cup attachment didn't make it out of the sorority house after college I found this beauty at Target for $29.99 lots and lots of smoothies on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment