Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

SPF is supposed to not make you burn right?

Well as mentioned in a previous post I was uber excited to hang out by the pool a bit and get rid on my whiteness and start getting a bit of a tan...well today was my day! The weather was great and after a quick jog and re-signing our lease Rene and I headed out to the pool for a bit before he went to private golf lesson that I bought him for Valentine's Day.

Rene left around 12:30 and I stayed out by the pool reading accounting homework for another hour or so...what I didn't know was that I was turning into a lobster!

I don't remember that last time that I got a sun burn, typically I get a little red but it never hurts and then it's brown overnight....not today I'm afraid.

And the strange part is that since I made the promise to Rene that I would stop using the tanning bed (last year) I even started using actual sunscreen vs. the "dark tanning oil" or "tanning accelerator" that I typically use. I went to Target and got Banana Boat Dark Tanning Spay Oil SPF 4
Ok yes, I know that SPF 4 isn't really and SPF but this is a big step for the girl who all through high school and college pretty much tanned 4-6 days a week in a fake baker!

Fear not, I also typically wear at least an SPF 15 on my face daily. Though I forgot to re-apply after my jog which at least explains why my face is the color of a tomato!

I am all red in random places (across my collar bone, my top of my right arm and spots around my hips) but only on the front where I actually put on the tanning oil and re-applied every time I turned over...on my back where I didn't even spray anything at all and I got at least an hour of sun on my back is white as ever! I am at a loss for words as to what happened and why in the world I am red but hopefully it won't last too long.

To help combat my sunburn I knew that Clinique and Clarins both had after sun lotions so over to the mall we went. I found out however 2 things that were news to me. #1 Clarins was not in stock at Sephora or Dillards and #2 apparently the Clinique brand has lots of nasty chemicals....

So I am trying something new recommended to me as "so much better" than any of the others at Sephora....Korres Yoghurt Cooling Gel

The brand uses age old Greek remedies to create beauty products and everything is all natural. The guy at the store slathered some on my arm and it made a huge difference in the soreness and cooled the radiating heat. I was sold and purchased one right away! I'll be sure to let you know how it works out!

Now time to go help make sure Rene doesn't ruin dinner for tonight...Mahi Mahi and black quinoa yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment