Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Putting My Green Thumb to the Test

This weekend I decided it was time to plant something on the back porch. Typically we haven't had much luck making anything grow in the Texas heat so I have stayed away from flowers and most other plants. The exception that we've found is jalapeno peppers (kind of obvious I know) and basil grow really well on the patio.

So this year of course we planted 2 peppers and basil (I also decided to add rosemary and thyme in the herb "garden"). Then I decided I would try something a little different....a little mini vegetable "patch".

Now yes, there isn't a whole lot of room here but in reading the plant card we should have plenty of room to get these little guys going. We have a tomato, zucchini, melon, and another type of summer squash growing in the little box.

What could be better than some fresh grown veggies in a salad right? We shall see what becomes of the little box, it's going strong since Sunday at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment