Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Working to Improve Myself at Work

This week I finished 2 of the books that I had planned to read to better myself in my career. It's funny how "the boss" takes so much notice when you read a work related book at lunch rather than just another Sookie Stackhouse book :)
This week first I finished
Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Red Book of Selling
This book gives 12.5 rather basic telling principles that while yes all of us may have learned them when we first started our jobs, sometimes the little pieces slip past us in our day to day work and we forgot. It was a very easy and quick read that I finished pretty much between Monday and Wednesday of this week.

The second book is one that I had started earlier in the spring semester, then with classes it got book marked and sat on my desk for the next few months. So I picked it up on Thursday and Friday at lunch and polished it off as well!

The second book was
Smart Selling on the Phone and Online by Josiane Chriqui FeigonThis book was much more suited for the inside sales person (hence the title)...but I really thought it was quite beneficial. As I was reading I was able to pick out some of my own recruiters who work under me and pin point some of the things that they do (or don't do) on a day to day basis. Hopefully my use of the information that I have tabbed all over this book will allow me to better develop them in the office.

I would suggest either of these books for those in the sales field. Even if you aren't in phone or face to face sales, either book does have tips, tricks, and "reminders" that could help anyone.

I feel quite accomplished in knocking down a few more of the books from my must read list for the new year! Now it's off to start another Sookie Stackhouse novel (I'm on #8 of 11) ...I figured that I need something to hold me over until the new season of TrueBlood starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment