Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Drab to Fab!



So yesterday for some reason the tan/cream color of my little cube here at work was starting to get to me....It was drab and really not "me".


Now yes there are articles out there in every business magazine and publication saying that putting personal touches on your work space is a big No-No...however I see my office as not one of those typical business offices.

The boys have a basketball hoop, at any given time there are stress balls being thrown across the room, and we have a Dallas Mavericks flag still proudly displayed after their victory (that or it's just been forgotten to be taken home).




So this morning I started on my "Cube Re-Vamp" and plan to take my work area from Drab to Fab over the next week or two.




Clutter and papers gone! I'm going for the green feel and going all electronic (or at least trying to) and hopefully adding some light pink hues and green to my little area. Here's my progress thus far....


I'll be sure to post updates as I go. Step one will be just finishing the pink and white draping around the front of my cube and then I plan to get some "girly" (pink and green) trays to keep papers rather than the ugly black plastic stacking thing that I have now.


Rene might laugh at my spending of $12 to change things up but I figure I spend the majority of my time here and have had the same surroundings for 3+ years why not change it up right?





No comments:

Post a Comment