Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, September 12, 2011

Interesting....

I subscribe to a daily email called Healthy Bitch Daily...today's email was quite interesting about how to improve what you eat and help to decrease your stress levels! I figured it was well worth sharing!! Below is a snip it of the article visit the website for the full article!

Foods that Reduce Stress & Anxiety

Root veggies: yams, radishes, parsnips, beets, carrots and potatoes.
Dark, leafy greens: chard, kale, spinach, arugula and watercress.
Protein: black beans, black sesame seeds, tofu, mung beans and millet.
Berries: blackberries

I do a pretty good job of the berries at least! I always have blackberries for a snack with lunch as for the root veggies we do a much better job of this in the fall, so I guess I'll be stepping it up this year! Blackbeans, spinach and kale are also items that Rene and I use pretty frequently so I guess we are doing pretty well on that but now that I know it helps with reducing stress maybe they will appear in dinners more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment