Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Missoni at Target Uber Fail in Planning

Talk about poor planning on Target's part in releasing the much anticipated Missioni for Target line.The adorable collaboration with the Italian fashion house Missoni was meant to be a big release but Target hyped up the product and didn't plan at all for the release leaving many (including me) quite upset.

The website crashed before I even got up this morning and was down all day (I tried at around 5:30am but did eventually get to check out a few things this afternoon)....the stores had people picking up 2 and 3 cart loads at a time...and these people were talking about how they were going to sell it on Ebay for 300% mark ups! It's a bit absurd to pay $200+ for a $29.99 Target pair of ballet flats even if they are super cute!
I attempted to see if luck was on my side at lunch today and sadly I walked out completely empty handed after stopping at 3 different Targets.

PS just in case you find a pair you can send them my way! Because I love them!

All of the DFW area is completely sold out, I did manage to get one piece online, though I have no idea if it will actually fit when I get it...but I am a big fan of the maxi dresses for the fall season so I was willing to take the risk.

It does have a cardigan shell that matches but it was completely sold out just like pretty much everything else online.

I do have Rene making a special trip to Target while he's outside of San Antonio this week to see if since he's in a small town they might have anything left.

The worst part of all this....not even the stores know if they are getting re-stocked or if they are when or what it will be.


Anyone able to snag any of these cute items or no luck like me?

2 comments:

  1. I will look at Butler if you want me to...Let me know and sizes also

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll for sure let you know when I get to try on the ones that Rene is bringing home Friday night!!I went with a M in everything to hope it wasn't overly small, we shall see!

    ReplyDelete