Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012 Detox

As I mentioned previously starting in 2012 I am going to be doing a bit of a detox...don't get me wrong this is not the starve yourself and hope that it cleans our your system detox but I've taken bits and pieces of different things that I have read and "developed" (I'm not a nutritionist by ANY means) a detox/jump start of clean, healthy food into 2012....I plan on doing this for at least 2 weeks maybe longer and it could just become a daily lifestyle!

Here are the basics.
  
What to avoid:
Processed foods (we pretty much do this already-minus some "cheat days")
Sugar
Carbs
Red meat
Caffeine (I usually drink 2-3 cups I'm cutting down to just 1 or none each day)



 
What to enjoy:
Detox "tea" in morning-recipe to follow
Lots of fresh organic veggies
Fruits with low sugar (no oranges)
Green Leafy Veggies
Lots and lots of water!
Fish and Chicken*

*most detox plans have you completely stay away from fish/chicken/soy products the first week....With Rene not having any protein is a big problem so for the first week I'll be cooking protein but not eating it, but if you are like him and need some meat stick to chicken (skinless) and fish or tofu those are the best bets!

I'll be kicking this off on January 1st (after my delish pizza pull apart bread and freshmade pasta-what can I say I enjoy food!) I'll be posting the recipes and foods that I am eating along with how I'm feeling and if I notice any changes...beware I typically don't do well without my 2-3 cups of coffee so taking it to just one might be ugly!




No comments:

Post a Comment