Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Break in the Detox

Friday & Saturday morning I allowed myself to take a small break from my detox of veggies and changed things up breakfast.  I skipped the hot detox tea (though I will more than likly drink it midday today) and had a fruit smoothie instead.  

I still kept with the detox salad for lunch on Friday but splurged and got a buffalo chicken wrap and sweet potato fries at the little cafe last night before we went grocery shopping (everything in moderation).

This morning I whipped up a nice blueberry, raspberry and peach smoothie to start the day but plan on getting back to my green juice and some detox tea a little later in the day and of course a healthy dinner.

Rene and I both noticed that we don't feel hungry or full really throughout the day and also that my stomach -- which occasionally gets upset very easily (sometimes because of dairy sometimes just randomly throughout the day) hasn't been acting up at all this week with the swap in what I've been eating...which is somewhat leading me to wonder if what a couple of friends have said before is true and I may have a bit of an allergy to gluten (it hasn't been in my diet really since the pizza bites).....nothing life or death related but I'm feeling good and healthy and that's what I was going for!

Of course it doesn't hurt that I may have gained between 5-6 pounds of holiday goodness which has since disappeared thanks to us getting back into our "normal routine"...

Next week I'll be alternating juices and smoothies for breakfast and also some fresh hummus and crudites with miso soup for lunches to start getting a bit more protein into my diet since this week it was pretty minimal.






No comments:

Post a Comment