Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Out with Old...

So remember a little less than a year ago when I added this little kitchen accessory to the apartment?
Well lets just say that Rene is yet again proving he is absolutely amazing!  And this will be donated to my office kitchen and has been replaced by a far superior version!
Rene saw my post about his "great present" he had for me and gave me a nicely wrapped big box a week early for my birthday! *he's a keeper for sure*

What was inside?











The best blender/mixer/puree machine out there!


He got me a Vitamix!
OK so yes "technically" it's a blender and maybe you think I am far to overly excited...however this thing does it all!  It can take whole fruit and make it into juice, make a nice salsa, puree a soup or sauce, and even knead dough quick and easy. 

I mean it's one of the quintessential tools for Iron Chef America, need say more? Rene did a WONDERFUL job on my gift it is way more than I would have ever expected!  Yes, we spurge on gifts for each other every now and then but we typically stick to pretty small birthday gifts.

He knew I was thinking of spending my bonus from work or whatever tax return I had left after paying bills to look into getting one but beat me to the punch.  


The downfall is now is that I want to go out and buy everything in the store I can imagine to make soups, sauces, and smoothies! I can't wait to break it in this weekend!

Happy early birthday to me and a big thank you to this guy! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment