Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Friday, January 20, 2012

First week at 27

Well I've just about lived through the full first week of 27...yep I feel old!  Anyhow I figured I would give a quick recap of the birthday festivities...what can I say Rene and I are pretty boring...no big blow out parties for us...

The birthday weekend started out pretty good though, Thursday I got home and opened the mail and found a card from mom and dad waiting in the mailbox.  Plus a Seen It-Twilight for the Wii...yes Rene is super excited to play that, and a Starbucks gift card -- YUM!  You can bet I stopped for a Venti Latte on my way to work Friday morning!

Friday I also go these beauties delivered to my office!
 
The white arrangement was from my team of recruiters and the roses (though the picture cut them off) were from Rene of course!
Saturday we did a bit of errand running and stopped by Sprinkles to pick up some birthday treats!  I love the cupcakes from Sprinkles and have a new fave for the month of January--S'mores!


We even made some birthday cake cocktails while we watched some of our backlogged DVR TV shows....

You must try these yum!
2 parts whipped cream vodka
1/2 part amaretto
1/2 part cream(or milk)
1 part godiva white chocolate liqueur

While I would like to say the night was nice and quiet one of my recruiters decided that 27 wasn't too old to take shots for your birthday-- so arrived at my apartment with another recruiter from my office with a bottle of Goldschläger in hand and decided shots were needed.  It was all in all a pretty quiet night, though Rene was feeling a little "under the weather" Sunday morning.
But wait the celebration wasn't over just yet....
Monday morning (after having to move my cubical due to us expanding) I arrived to this....

Lots of decorations from my recruiters...they know me so well (notice the Disney theme?).

All in all it was a pretty good birthday this year, lets hope that 27 has some good things to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment