Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Having the hard conversations

No matter where you are in your life, there are certain conversations that are always harder than others.  The conversations that people steer away from...some of the conversations we have with ourselves, others are with friends or family, co-workers or our bosses.

Today was the day that I had to have one of those hard conversations with my boss.  Today was my annual review at work.  It's been a hard year for me (2011), I didn't hit the work related goals that I had set for myself and overall it was my third straight year of rebuilding my line of business.

After almost a 3 hour conversation I've gotten a lot off my chest and I'm hoping that now I can officially put 2011 behind me and hit 2012 full force.

My thought of the day is that no matter how hard that conversation is to have--have it sooner rather than later, you may not get the exact outcome that you want but at least you've put your thoughts, feelings and concerns out there...



No comments:

Post a Comment