Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Girl On Top

While I do not have a huge amount of time now with school to read for leisure, I have tried to get at least a chapter of something other than text book reading in every couple of days. I just actually finished a really great book something completely out of the ordinary for me a business/self-helpish book that I really enjoyed!

I came across this book through my sorority’s alumni chapter. The author was in Dallas and the chapter actually went to a signing a couple of months ago when she was in town. I was not able to attend however when I was searching for my next read I remembered the semi-risqué title, Girl On Top written by Nicole Williams a career expert, writer and public speaker. I loved it! It takes some of the basic dating tips that we all know and love or loath in some cases and shows how they relate to being a women in the business world.

I would highly recommend the book for any young women out there who are looking to move up within the ranks of the “man’s world”. Nicole also has a great blog and newsletter that you can subscribe to on her website. If you are looking for an easy read which not only has points that make you laugh but that you can also learn something from and enjoy go out and grab a copy or of course as I do, download it to your handy Kindle for your next read!

No comments:

Post a Comment