Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Really on the Ball at Work!

I’ve been noticing over the past few years that working at a desk all day has started to put a toll on my body. Not only have I noticed that my eyes started to get worse (and now require glasses/contacts) but my posture has been getting worse and worse and my neck and lower back hurt almost daily.

So about a month ago I started looking into some alternative options. While I would love to have the desks that accommodate a treadmill, I don’t think that the director of our company would go for that regardless of how beneficial the studies say they are for health of employees.
Then I found this, where you can put an exercise ball into a chair and sit on that, but really I am not spending the $99+ on one of those…..
That lead me to my current sitting situation, I went to Target and bought myself a large exercise ball which now serves as my chair. Monday as I started inflating it in my cubical yes I got some very odd looks, and the looks continued throughout the day by the guys that walked by my desk…..

But I must say that yesterday when I got home my back didn’t hurt and I could tell that I was sitting up much straighter than I normally do. Add to that I am strengthening my core and apparently I can burn up to an additional 350 calories throughout the day I think it’s a win-win situation.

Plus it gives me some entertainment when I find myself rolling around a bit or having a little bounce while sitting here. Now it’s time to get to work – it’s meeting time.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh..I can just picture you sitting on that ball working away. But what happens if you fall off is that Workmans Comp??

    ReplyDelete