Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Today's the Day

Rene has been running like crazy recently and keeps saying that it's the easiest way to stay in shape (yeah and kill your knees for when you are older!!) but I've decided that today is the day that I am going to start a new working plan and change things up a bit.


My summer after my sophomore year in college I ran/walked as my workout. My typical morning while on break and at home in PA (not working) included a morning run/walk of around a mile, then 10-20 minutes of pilates and a tofu smoothie...I must say after the summer of this I looked really good so I figure that I'll give it a try again, what do I have to loose?

I'm not by any means saying that I need to get thinner, I'm pretty happy with the 20+ pounds that I lost before the wedding after living in Virginia for a year and gaining a lot of weight, eating poorly and doing nothing in term of working out.

But I figure why not right?

So this morning while Rene was on the phone discussing our plans for the future with Sam Eppy(college friend and boyfriend of my bridesmaid Kelly) of Eppy Financial Group. I decided there was no time like the present.

I threw on my beat up running shoes (clearly in need of some new ones) strapped on the iPod and ran/walked a quick lap around the apartment complex. It's a little under a mile but I was impressed that it only took me about 10 minutes. Not the 7 minute mile that I could do a couple of years ago but not too shabby--my hip aches a bit and my allergies are horrible right now so I couldn't really breathe but we'll see how things go. Not its time for pilates and a shower, next up a 5 hour accounting exam (yuck!!) maybe running was the highlight of my day!

2 comments:

  1. You could run a 7 minute mile?! That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sad to say that I seem to be stuck in the 9-11 minute mile these days--though I guess I can say at least a little bit of that is due to the allergies that I developed after moving to TX

    ReplyDelete