Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

No "Poo"

No it's not what you're thinking....I have taken the "No Shampoo Challenge". I was reading an article the other day about shampoo and hair health, and yes I know that you aren't "supposed" to wash you're hair every day...but I always feel like my hair looks horrible if I don't wash it.




This past weekend I gave it a try, I washed my hair on Thursday night and then didn't again until Sunday....and my hair was really soft! So I figured I would give it a try for the week this week...why not?!




Keep in mind that you can "wash" your hair with conditioner or with just water....so that helps out with the sweatyness from working out.




So I washed my hair Sunday night, curled it Monday morning and it was super soft! Then re-curled it on Tuesday and it just held a nice wave and looked pretty good I was surprised....Wednesday I went slicked back into a bun because the roots were looking a little greasy but I got tons of compliments on my hair being up (which I never do at work!)....this morning when I woke up I had left the bun in overnight so I had lots of volume and waves it looked beachie and great...I did have to add a little dry shampoo just to take away from the super greasy look at the roots and pulled my hair half up....I think that tonight I will break down and wash it though and then just not wash again until Sunday....7 days would just be far too long to go without!




I could easily switch to the 2 days a week shampoo "schedule" unless of course I want that nice blown out look for a special occasion, what about you? How often do you wash your hair??



No comments:

Post a Comment