Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Raw Recap & Kentucky Derby Winning!

Well after my 1 week of eating raw I must say that I somewhat pigged out this weekend when Rene's friend Matt came to town, whoops!

Of course we had to let him experience "Texas Grass Fed Beef" on the grill on Friday, then we took him to an amazing burger place on Saturday called Twisted Root and then did some fro-yo on Saturday night...nonetheless I actually lost a little more than a pound (and I really slacked in the working out routine too). Overall I don't really "feel" any different, but I am sure the extra veggies were a good addition to my diet. Now it's back to the tried and true egg and turkey bacon breakfast -- yogurt, fruit, veggie lunches and healthy dinners for me.

On a side note Rene and I did pick the winner of the Kentucky Derby this weekend when we went to the horse races and placed our bets!

We put a whole $2 each on--you guessed it...

What can I say we based it solely off of the name and I knew on Friday when the guys at the office were looking at the odds I picked Animal Kingdom because it's a Disney park, of course they all laughed but who was laughing when me and the hubby won 30 to 1 odds?

Ok yes it would have been A LOT better had we put $5 or $10 down but making $63.40 off of a $2 bet not to shabby for my first horse races...maybe this means next year we should take the trip to the Derby and see if for ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment