Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Thought of the Day...

Lack of coffee this morning and late arriving employees set me off to a bad start. So today my thought of the day is why is more of a statement and a question…



Why is it that today’s generation (my generation) feel like they are entitled to everything? Office hours don’t seem to matter to them, they arrive late and leave early, they take longer than an hour lunch, and can’t meet the basic goals that they should be each day…



Then when it gets brought to their attention they act like it is a shock they are getting reprimanded for arriving at 8:30am rather than 8 or taking the hour and a half long lunch….maybe it’s just me (and Rene because we converse about it a lot), but it just seems like people now think showing up at all is better than nothing when it comes to their job and they don’t need to put in the work because they are on a salary.


I just don’t get it. You are at the office for 9+ hours a day what else are you doing but working during that time??



I seem to ask myself this a lot now that I over seem a team of recruiters and constantly have to bring this up to them. I feel like today “management” has just become a glorified term for babysitter in the office…

No comments:

Post a Comment