Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mom Will be Proud


I must admit that for the majority of my 26 year life I have had one of the worst habits...I have been a nail biter. Yep, I would bite my nails down to the furthest point and my cuticles would look horrible! My mom used to tell me how awful it was but I just couldn't stop. I even tried the nasty tasting polish they make specifically to try to make people stop biting their nails...it didn't phase me!

You would think that when I got engaged this would have stopped so that I had nice nails when showing off my ring right? Nope. I just went back to the sorority rush mentality and if I needed to have nice nails I went for the acrylic pink and whites...which is what I did for the wedding as well. Though I will admit part of the reason for the fake nails for the wedding was to avoid the risk of breakage too!
While the pink and whites always look nice, they trash your real nails and also get costly to maintain! It was time that I grew up and stopped biting my nails....

I noticed that they started growing a lot after I started taking the colostrum which I mentioned in a previous post. So I made a conscious effort to make sure that I stopped biting them!

It's amazing how nice my hands look now with a fresh coat of polish and no longer stubby little nails! I am a big fan of the color blocking trend in manicures right now!!
It may have taken 26 years for this to happen but Mom will be proud I am sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment