Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Does the universe have it in for me?

OK so this week is only 2 day in and it has been just pretty much a bad one to say the least!

(I apologize in advance for lack of punctuation, and run on sentences in the below rant)

Monday started off with a million and one things that I needed to get done at work where I spent the majority of the day "putting out fires" then came home realized that the cleaning lady didn't come clean the apartment as scheduled, so I feel like the apartment is a wreck....I go to the gym which is completely packed and I was only able to get in 25 minutes of cardio before my lecture, which was a total waste of 2 hours. Then I wanted to do some yoga but the on demand wasn't working so I gave up and went to the store to get a bottle of wine (the one highlight of the night)....then took a shower somehow broke 2 of my nails and of course since Rene is out of town the cat had puked on the carpet so I got to clean that up after a shower.

So here I was hoping today would be better....I was wrong. My body didn't want to get up this morning, then my coffee filter got messed up and coffee grinds ended up all through my tropical toasted coconut kona coffee (which is amazingly good) so was hoping to get some Starbucks. I hit every red light on the way to work so couldn't stop at Starbucks and had to deal with office coffee Yuck! Then the Internet was down at the office and I got to play catch up with emails on my phone for the first 30 minutes of my day. This was all before 8am.

So then I meet with my team and listen to the recruiters go on and on about wanting more training an insisting on me spending 2 hours to go over our standard contract which they could just read on their own. My director then tells me I'm spending too much time giving them piece by piece info and they can learn on their own, yet at the same time wants me to be more supportive and have an open door policy to allow them to express their needs....wow I am completely lost as to what I should be doing....dead end there!

Put more fires out all afternoon because a doctor just backed out of working confirmed shifts for the next four weeks and we have no backup, then chase down time cards, follow up on contracts and a million and one other things before heading home getting frustrated that the gym is packed and come home....

Thank the lord the on demand worked and I got a nice hour long yoga practice in to try to relax. I am starting to think the universe has something out for me there is no doubt!

When I have days/weeks like this I take a look at my zodiac it will usually allow me to at least pretend that yes the universe is out to get me but it'll look up....today I am not feeling that way, here are a few of the reasons my my past few days turmoil per the stars...

Compliments of www.horoscope.com

August 8, 2011

“Your normal steady pace usually wins the race, Capricorn, but today you might need to take some shortcuts. Jump on opportunities that seem to come out of nowhere, but don't feel like you need to commit to anything now. Take your chances and see where luck takes you”

August 9, 2011

“You're ready for dramatic change in your life, Capricorn. It isn't that you're dissatisfied with your career or personal life. Rather, you feel like you're missing out on something great, if you only knew what. Be receptive to whatever opportunities arise and explore them all. You may find the answers you seek through travel or more education. Bring a friend if you’re afraid to explore on your own”

www.huffingtonpost.com

August 8th

“You may be tempted by an unrealistic fantasy about a relationship now. However, your idealistic dreams can actually stand between you and happier days. Acknowledging your attachment to one particular outcome is a good start if you're willing to make it less important. There's no need to go to extremes and deny your preferences if you can maintain a healthy perspective”

August 9

“You like to lean on conservative tactics when your life gets too crazy. Mechanically going through the motions is one way to buy time while things settle down. Unfortunately, reverting back to your old routine won't work now because something must change for you to feel satisfied. You may be tempted toward extreme solutions like turning everything upside down all at once. However, taking lots of tiny steps is a much better strategy than attempting one gigantic leap before you're ready.”

I am having some difficulties trying to figure out how these relate to my past 2 days….any thoughts?

I was half scared to look at my Wednesday outlook….but I did it anyhow…

www.huffingtonpost.com

Tomorrow:

You may be tempted by an unrealistic fantasy about a relationship now. However, your idealistic dreams can actually stand between you and happier days. Acknowledging your attachment to one particular outcome is a good start if you're willing to make it less important. There's no need to go to extremes and deny your preferences if you can maintain a healthy perspective.

Horoscope by Rick Levine, Tarot.com

You like to lean on conservative tactics when your life gets too crazy. Mechanically going through the motions is one way to buy time while things settle down. Unfortunately, reverting back to your old routine won't work now because something must change for you to feel satisfied. You may be tempted toward extreme solutions like turning everything upside down all at once. However, taking lots of tiny steps is a much better strategy than attempting one gigantic leap before you're ready.

Horoscope by Rick Levine, Tarot.com

A relationship may be a major source of stress now as battle lines are drawn, making it harder to remain civil. You might prefer sorting out your differences through cool and calm communication, yet you can easily slip back into engaging in the needless drama. Instead of being forthright and expressing all your feelings today, act judiciously. A little bit of discretion goes a long way to settle everyone's frazzled nerves.

www.horoscope.com

“The warrior within may be stirred today. You might also have some self-doubt about your actions, Capricorn. Stay confident that you're on the right path at all times. There may be a bit of tension in your world, but try not to get too worked up over it. This is just a passing phase”

At least there is a little light at the end of the tunnel per tomorrow’s outlook from Horoscope.com….This is just a passing phase, let’s hope so! Still so confused on the relationship stress and battle lines though—Rene’s not even in the same time zone this week…..

Do you ever look for a “reason” for how you day is going if it feels out of control?? Or am I just a complete crazy person? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment