Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday! After a nice relaxing weekend Rene and I were up bright and early around 5:30 to take Stitch on a walk--we've been slacking and didn't wake up early at all last week to walk him so he was quite excited for his little walk this morning.

Of course Dallas is still super hot and in the triple digits, we are on track to possibly break the record for the most 100 degree days on record, I think that this morning we were at the 3rd highest year on record....here's hoping though that September brings a little bit of relief sooner rather than later.

Today is also the first day back to school in Dallas and most other parts as well-I don't actually start back to class until next week though so that's wonderful!

The first day of school got me thinking though about my "firsts" when it came to school.

First day of Kindergarten, my Mom, brother, and aunt joined me at the bus stop and video taped the whole thing. Waiting for the bus, getting on the bus, oh yes and then getting into the car and following the bus to Amos McDaniel Elementary and of course "embarrassing me" when I got of the bus and was walking into school and my little brother yelled my name from the car. Gotta love those home movies right?

First day of Junior High/High School -- I don't really have any specifics that I remember from either of these firsts! I am sure there was something that seemed special or dramatic about one of these but now looking back I can't really think of anything at all! It may have been that I was friends with older people from being involved with cheerleading and other activities so the transition wasn't too hard.

First day of College. After the 16 hour drive to Florida with mom, the long and hot process of unpacking things into my dorm room, and the car breaking down due to a recalled fuel pump my first day of college was pretty painless! I also had gone through sorority recruitment the week prior to classes starting at the University of Central Florida so I was already in a group of people that I could hang out with and that were in some of the same classes.

I loved school--though my opinion may have changed with that with Grad School and working full time ( I am counting the days til I finish)....but I must say that I do miss school supply shopping and new pens and planners! I'm a dork I know!

No comments:

Post a Comment