Welcome!

This little blog started on our wedding website, which kept family and friends up to date on the planning and details. Of course this is where we will provide all of the recaps of the wedding and everything after. We look forward to keeping family and friends up to date on our lives here in Texas and all of the adventures we share as newlyweds!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Time to be a Bridesmaid!

Rene has been in Arizona this weekend (gets home later tonight) so there hasn’t been a whole lot of excitement here in the Blanco home. Lots of homework for me as the fall semester is moving right along! (Can you believe it's September??).

The one plus to September is college football has officially started and UCF won their first game last night! Whoo-hoo!! Though I didn't get to watch I did kept checking ESPN while working on homework (Rene would be so proud). And Final score??

UCF 62 -- Charleston Southern 0

GO KNIGHTS!

Today however I am heading to Garland to the Alfred Angelo store to get fitted for my friend Kimberly’s wedding! She asked me a couple of months ago to be a bridesmaid when this arrived in my mailbox.

Of course I couldn’t say no!

She’s one of the friends from college that I have stayed in touch with the most and I could not be happier that she asked me to be a part of her special day in April in Atlanta, GA!

Surprisingly enough even though I was in a sorority of 180+ girls this will be the first time I will be a bridesmaid! We’re still a rather young group of girls and I was actually only the second person of our close group of friends to be married and it seems like every year since there has been 1 wedding which isn’t a huge number compared to other people I know here in Texas that it seems are going to wedding after wedding each weekend. And while I promised Miss Kimberly I wouldn’t show people the dress I can’t post a picture but it’s defiantly not one of “those” bridesmaids dresses that make you cringe – thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment